San Francisco, California – En Route!, a real-time location sharing app for iPhone, today announced integration with Facebook’s OpenGraph, an innovative update that allows users to post their destinations, real-time location and ETA directly to their Facebook Timeline, Feed and Tickers. Friends can easily follow their travel in real-time on the Web or mobile device.
“It has been said that the journey is the destination. With the new En Route! OpenGraph update users can create and tell stories about the journeys they make everyday. Whether that is a trip to a movie theater or a road trip to the Grand Canyon, we are providing our users with a way to share and create stories about their activities as well as an easy way to update friends, family and colleagues about their imminent arrival,” said Dave Smiddy, Founder and President of En Route!
The new update allows the user’s Facebook friends to see their trips in real-time, “like” the trip or leave a comment about the trip on Facebook. En Route! users viewing trips on Facebook’s iPhone app are linked directly to the active trip in the En Route! app. Non-En Route! users see similar trip information on a dynamic map on the web.
“Our users enjoy sharing their trips on Facebook. It helps them get their friends involved in the planning process as if to say, ‘I’m going here, anything I should eat, see or do?’ It’s a bit like the check-in before the check-in,” added Smiddy.
En Route! automatically informs other users when someone is departing, a few mintues away and arriving at their destination. Location information is only shared with people the user chooses and is turned off at the end of the trip or can be stopped at anytime within the app.
En Route! is creating the social communication fabric required for sharing location information in real-time. This fabric brings together a variety of systems including basic messaging and notifications, user identity, privacy, content sharing, location data stack and social integrations.
* Create and Share Trips: Easily enter a destination address and add someone to share with, press Start and En Route! does the rest. Recipients receive email, text or push notifications about your trip, automatically
* View Trips: Trips appear on a dynamic map with ETA calculation based on a user’s mode of travel and current traffic patterns
* Dynamic Real-Time ETA: En Route! calculates ETA in real-time and from actual position. This means the ETA provided is the real one based on any delays from traffic
* Notifications: Notifications are pushed to easily let friends, family and colleagues know when the user is departing, a few minutes away and arriving at the destination
* User Controlled Privacy: Location information is only shared with people users choose to share it with and for the duration of the trip they are taking. The user can stop sharing manually at anytime
* iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
* iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 7.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
En Route! 1.3.1 is available for free on the App Store in the Navigation category.
Founded in July 2011, En Route! is a real-time location sharing web and mobile app for iPhone that makes getting together with friends, family and colleagues easy. Created by industry entrepreneurs Dave Smiddy (sold Infrinity to GetJar) and Ross MacKinnon (a social networking pioneer who helped build Friendster with Jonathan Abrams), En Route! is creating the social communication fabric required for sharing location information in real-time. En Route! is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Copyright (C) 2012 En Route!. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.