If you’re a compulsive shopper and always looking for a bargain then you might just like iDeals. iDeals is a shopping app that provides you with anytime, anywhere access to the same deals listed on DODTracker.com. iDeals essentially aggregates deals from other popular shopping sites and deal-of-the-day sites like Woot!, Daily Steals, Deadly Deal, Buy.com, EB Game, and many more. The app functions much like a typical affiliate shopping site on the web, you can link directly to the merchant site though the app to complete your purchase. From the apps main menu you can choose between All Deals, One-a-Day Sites, Computers & Electronics, Sports & Apparel, Music & Entertainment, Home & Kitchen, and Miscellaneous. Regardless of which one you choose the app quickly updates the screen with a constant influx of items to choose from.
- Imports deals very quickly. We were impressed by how smoothly it ran.
- It’s free!
- The purchase process lacks luster. The app links to affiliate sites so you’re viewing a web page optimized for a computer from within the app instead of pages and forms that are optimized for the iPhone. We think this is a major deterrent for completing purchases from within the app.
- The affiliate sites we saw within the app while shopping looked less than trust worthy. Many of the product and sales pages looked plain and slapped together, images used to display products were of low resolution, some of which were too small to adequately view on an iPhone or iPod touch.
- No price comparisons. It’s difficult to tell whether or not you’re actually getting a deal without exiting the app to perform your own price comparisons.
- Items are displayed in what appears to be a random order. Users should have the ability to filter through the selection so they can view by item type, brand, etc.
- Full of ads.
Related Posts B
- ZenTap Pro
- How an iPhone App helps you eliminate Unwanted Spa Deals from your Inbox
- Deal.iz.io iOS app answers the call of Millions of Deal Hunters
Posted by Ryan Johnson
on 09 17, 2009