Saint Paul, Minnesota – InfinitApps today is pleased to announce version 1.2.2 of Instagallery, a universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch for browsing photos on the popular Instagram service. This update adds translation of captions and comments. It also polishes the recently-released major 1.2 update. 1.2 added support for sharing photos via Facebook, Twitter and email, enabled sharing on TVs via a video adapter or using AirPlay to an Apple TV, enabled recording of favorite photo sets, and provided a much-requested grid view.
With a feature set driven in part by suggestions from users, Instagallery 1.2 also added viewing of the set of photos that they marked as “liked” (in any Instagram API client app or web site). It can print the user’s own photos to AirPrint-compatible printers. The comments view was improved to make it easier for the user to see more of the comment text at-a-glance, to show the entire caption for photos with long captions, and to highlight comments left by the user or by the photo’s owner. Improvements were also made to support easier tagging of the user’s photos, to view a photo in the Instagram app or Safari and to see which Instagram filter was used on each photo.
Changes in 1.2.2:
* Provides for the translation of the photo caption or individual comments into your preferred language
* Includes the user’s Instagram bio and website, if available, on user info displays
* Improves the performance of displaying new sets of photos, and shows incremental feedback for slower image downloads
* Adds back the ability to share photos from other users via email. It now includes a thumbnail which is linked to the Instagram page for such a photo
* Adds a confirmation sheet when clearing recent photo sets
* Reduces memory usage
New features from the recent 1.2 release:
* Bring up the set of all of the photos you have “liked” on Instagram
* View a grid of all the photos in the current photo set to scan them quickly
* Share Instagram photos with others via email, Facebook or Twitter
* Share photos in person on a TV using a video out cable connected to your iPhone 4 or iPad, or if you have an AppleTV, send a photo to it via AirPlay
* Print your photos to printers that are available via AirPrint
* Save your own Instagram photos to your photo library (with your name and caption and the photo’s GPS location, if available, embedded as metadata)
* Copy your own photos (or web links to any photo) to your clipboard for use in other apps
* Save photo sets as Favorite Sets to revisit them later
* View a history of the recent photo sets you’ve visited and go back to any of them
* See the filter used on a photo by tapping the date which switches it to show the filter and back
* Tap on the left or right sides of the screen to switch to the next photo in that direction
* When photos are tagged with GPS coordinates but not a name, you can now see these coordinates and use them to show a map of the area
* Comments now shows more of the comment text for each entry. It also displays the caption (allowing long captions to be read in their entirety) and color codes comments from the photo’s owner and from you
* Add tags from the tag popover on your own photos. Creates a corresponding comment for you, and auto-completes based on tags on Instagram
* Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion while entering comments and messages for Twitter and Facebook
* Some actions were made faster and more fluid
* Better feedback is provided when Instagallery is waiting for responses from the Instagram servers
* Errors conditions are handled better in some places
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* Universal Application
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Instagallery 1.2.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, InfinitApps is an indie software company founded in 2010 by Troy Gaul, former lead engineer of Adobe Lightroom. InfinitApps designs and develops software for mobile devices – including iPhone, iPod touch and iPad – and Macintosh which delight while entertaining or providing utility. All material and software (C) 2011 InfinitApps LLC / All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Adobe and Lightroom are registered trademarks of Adobe System Incorporated in the U.S. and/or other countries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.