Seoul, Korea – Pictosoft’s popular first-person airborne shooting game for iOS, Medal of Gunner, has been a fan favorite for some time. To spread the love, Pictosoft held a ratings and review contest, hosted by the forums on Toucharcade. After receiving an impressive number of quality submissions, Pictosoft is announcing winners of the contest.
Third place went to Marc, who received an iTunes gift card in the amount of $20. Marc says his favorite aspect of the game is “the awesome graphics. MOG makes the player feel like they’re really airborne.”
In second place, Sean Yuan was the recipient of a $50 gift card for Amazon.com. Sean is “thrilled” with his prize, and describes Medal of Gunner “as one of the best World War II games in the Apps Store.”
Stephen, chosen by Pictosoft as the grand prize winner, says “This game is fantastic. It’s a refreshing new concept for FPS lovers – airborne war at its best!” Stephen will be receiving an iPod touch 4th generation for his outstanding detailed, helpful review.
Medal of Gunner puts the player in the hot seat, manning the guns on a World War II B-17 Air Fortress. The game’s visual and audio aspects are designed to capture the spirit of the era, providing would-be heroes with an authentic and exciting game play experience. Flight simulator-like head’s up displays and combination tilt based controls are used to locate incoming enemy fighters. Other on-screen controls are utilized for firing and changing to other turret positions.
Realistic 3D animation, complete with inset video of enemies planes taking a nosedive after being hit, brings the experience to life. Period-specific details engage players’ imaginations: dated journal entries by the player character referencing battle dates, times, and maneuvers and details from an airman’s everyday life, good luck charms and 40s glamour girl pictures that bring luck by upping player stats, and in-game bonuses like vintage ammo boxes and coveted chocolate bars. Great attention to detail is also paid in presenting realistic representations of World War II planes on both sides, so Second World War buffs won’t be disappointed.
* Console quality 3D graphics, smooth animation, realistic textures, and authentic planes and weaponry serve as the perfect eye candy for WWII buffs and create a unique environment for FPS lovers
* Innovative and intuitive controls parallel the reality of being a WWII gunner, while making full use of the extensive capabilities of iOS.
* Tilt controls for aiming adjust authentic gunner style sights to hone in on planes as your radio man alerts you to their presence – if you don’t blast them away before he gets a chance.
* Multiple gunner positions including Left and Right Waist, Top, Ball, Bomb, and Tail turrets (to name a few) give the elite gunner full coverage of the sky in a smooth scrolling 3D environment
* Three difficulty levels present perfect pacing for all experience levels and provide hours of replay value
* 7 formation types present new strategic challenges as you work to protect your combat buddies and rid the skies of enemy aircraft.
* Face off with fighters of 8 different types, boasting different armor and arsenals to hone your skills
* Multiple weapons and tactical abilities require even more tactical finesse to master as you progress
* Meet familiar foes in buffed up boss form and prove you’ve got what it takes to win one for the Allies
* Score medals for conduct, earn lucky amulets, decorate your windshield with stats-bumping 40s pin up beauties, earn game-play bonus items from downed planes, and upgrade your offensive and defensive capabilities, raise your rank and experience Medal of Gunner at its finest
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 3/4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 20.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Medal of Gunner 1.0.4 is $.99 and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available on request.
Pictosoft was established in 2003 and strives to become a world leader through excellent contents created from innovative technology. They are a leader in mobile and online and mobile game publishing and development in Korea, publishing hits such as Shadow Zin: Ninja Boy and Stylish Sprint. Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Pictosoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
You must be logged in to post a comment.