Melbourne, Australia – Specialist Apps today is pleased to announce Schools eLockers 1.2.1 free for iOS, an update to their education application that makes it easy for schools to share learning resources between teachers and students. Schools across the world are increasingly using mobile technology but many are finding that managing learning content on these devices can be a challenge. This is why Specialist Apps is excited to announce a significant update to the School eLockers app for iOS – enabling sharing and collaboration like never before for schools using iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
School eLockers includes:
* Easy to share all types of files and media
* Unlimited groups and storage let you personalise learning
* Facilitates formative and peer assessment
* Drag and drop web interface
* Suitable for classes and schools of all sizes
* Drop Folders let students securely submit work
* Access anywhere and sync for offline
* iOS app provides one-touch access and sharing
* Leave notes on personal files
* Collaborate with text and audio notes to support different learning styles
* Easy to rollout with minimal professional development requirements
* User and classes setup via existing school management system
* A private cloud with localised or off-site hosting means schools know where their student data is stored
“We’re finding that School eLockers fills a really important gap for schools as they increasingly use mobile technology to support learning and teaching. I’ve spoken to so many teachers who love devices such as the iPad but are having difficulty getting content to and from their students’ devices. We’ve made School eLockers simple and easy to use so teachers and students can just get on with it” explains Geoff Elwood, Founder of Specialist Apps.
The School eLockers app allows users to:
* Access the files in their eLockers and Shared eLockers from their iOS device
* Rate and tag items
* Add text and audio notes to items
* Upload images, video and audio recordings to their personal eLocker or a Shared eLocker
* Add documents from 3rd party apps
The recent update adds:
* The ability for users to move and copy files between eLockers
* Access to the Timeline – the easiest way to see what other users have been uploading and commenting on
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 7.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
School eLockers 1.2.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Specialist Apps creates solutions and apps for use in the modern world of ultra-mobile devices. With teams based in Hong Kong, Australia and the UK, we have over 20 years of software development experience. Our philosophy is that software designed for mobile devices should be useful, intuitive and provide elegant solutions to complex problems. With a proven track record of developing mobile solutions for the education and medical fields, our team of software designers is chosen because they represent the best of breed from Australia, Russia, China and the United Kingdom. At Specialist Apps we utilise industry standards, and proven rapid development methodologies to deliver solutions in a timely, cost effective manner. We make extensive use of version control, revision tracking and code repositories to ensure the long term support of the product being developed. Copyright (C) 2012 Specialist Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.