Castellon, Spain – Announcing that Victor Alonso, the developer of Measure Map, has launched an innovative new product for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Measure Map is an easy-to-use yet stunningly accurate tool for measuring distances, as small as one meter to as large as thousands of miles, with the curvature of the earth’s surface factored in. The app uses Google Maps for the background display and results are shown on top. Developer, Victor Alonso, has pledged to the continuous evolution of the app, to make it the best mobile measurement tool on the market.
Measure Map is an exciting new product that is already being used by architects and hobbyists, alike. This a precise measuring application that lets users discover, with pinpoint accuracy, the distance between two or more points.
Users are able to calculate the distance for any area, perimeter or route, from as small as one meter to as large as thousands of miles or kilometers. All of the app’s measuring is done with the curvature of the earth’s surface taken into account. While Measure Map is easy to use, it is as precise as they come.
To obtain a measurement, users merely drag the app’s crosshair to where they want it then plunk pins in to indicate the area that the app should measure. That’s all there is to it.
The app uses Google Map as the background display. All of the measurement lines are shown on top of a Google Earth image, which makes for a good online publishing display when users upload their findings to their website or blog. If they prefer, they can email their maps or share via iTunes.
Measure Map contains a number of impressive features and functions:
* Attractive, smooth, easy navigation and use
* For iPhone and iPad
* Displays Google Maps View: Map, Satellite and Hybrid
* Displays the “real” map scale
* Search for current location, text (villages, places of interest, etc.) or an area or route
* Works for Metric and Imperial measurements
* Intermediate distances between pins can be displayed
* Ability to select color and thickness of the perimeter line.
* Ability to select the color and transparency of the selected area.
* Working format: Measure Map, KML (Google Earth), CSV (Excel)
* Export and import of surfaces and routes via e-mail or iTunes
* Download surfaces and routes from the Internet.
* Device browser will open with Measure Map all URLs that start with mmp:// and link to a file generated by Measure Map (.mmp)
Developer, Victor Alonso, is proud of the quality of his app and has pledged to continuously update and improve Measure Map. “I want this app to keep evolving and improving so it that it is always the very best it can be,” says Alonso. “Users deserve that.”
* 3GS iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 3.6 MB
Pricing and Availability
Measure Map 1.2 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Based in Spain, Victor Alonso is the creator and developer of intelligent, user-friendly apps that help people in their personal and professional lives worldwide. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.