The Productivity/Todo app, Voodo – Todo Magic, created by app development company I Wonder Phone recently released a brand new version available for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Voodo is a powerful app that allows you to manage your life and tasks, all with a simple and clean user interface combined with a rich set of powerful features. If you’re familiar with the orgininal Voodo app version you’ll find there are many exciting changes with the new release. It has an almost brand new design to incorporate the many new features such as a Non-intrusive Auto Sync, Task Search, Quick Add, Contacts Integration, Geo Locations, and Nearby Tasks. It’s your standard Calendar and contacts on Steroids! Combining these “juiced up” features with competitive pricing makes Voodo a very attractive app to own.
Here are some of the features found in Voodo 2:
- Time Mode
- Tasks are ordered by due time and sectioned into Now, Next, and Done sections.
- You can easily see which tasks are urgent and should be completed first.
- Overdue tasks have their time stamp highlighted for for a visual cue
- Tasks with a date stamp only are All-day tasks.
- Tasks without a time stamp are Timeless and can be completed anytime.
- Priority Mode
- In Priority Mode, tasks are ordered by priority and sectioned into High, Medium, Low, and None sections.
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Task push reminders via Google Calendar notifications
- Tasks sync bi-directionally with events in Google Calendar . The sync can be done automatically with Auto Sync.
- The sync with Google Calendar provides a backup of tasks, a web portal to view and edit tasks on any computers and free push reminders of tasks due.
- Location Mode
- In Location Mode, tasks are grouped by location.
- Tasks without a location are put into a “Anywhere” classification.
- With Geo Locations you can explore Nearby tasks in Google Map.
- Tags versus Folders
- A Tag System is more flexible than using folders. Folders are too rigid to flexibly organize tasks, and a top level Folder list makes the hierarchy deeper. Voodo 2 uses a tag system instead of folders to make navigation and filtering of tasks more manageable and user friendly.
- Tag Tap Toggling – Just tap an existing tag to select or deselect it for the task.
- Tag Input Hint – Just input the first one or two characters of the tag name, the tag you are looking for will scroll in and get highlighted for you to tap it.
- Tag Filter – Filter tasks by tags
- Edit Tag – After selecting a tag, you can edit it by tapping it again in Tag Filter. You can rename, delete, and merge it with another tag.
- The number along each tag tells you how many tasks remain for that tag. If there are overdue tasks, the number is highlighted and represented in the form of overdue-task-count/todo-task-count.
- View & Edit Tasks
- Easy interface to add and edit tasks.
- Manage your tasks content and status.
- Phone numbers, web links, and email addresses are auto detected in task Notes. Just tap to call/go.
- Task Search
- Task Search combined with Tag Filter makes looking up a specific task a breeze.
- Quick Add
- If you can’t find it, Quick Add it.
- With a plethora of features and options, you can add and customize each new task very easily.
If you’re looking for a new way to manage your life then you will want to give Voodo 2 a try. I’ve been using it for a several weeks now and have been pleased with the results. Being able to import in my existing Google calendar and manage my tasks has been an easy adjustment. I’m a big fan of combining the calendar with geolocating features on the iPhone as it really adds something that was never possible before. I’m all about streamlining my life and using whatever I can to help make things easier for me and shave time off my day from every day tasks. Voodo 2 is a great help with this.
Update(June 09, 2010): Voodo – Todo Magic is now highlighted in the iTunes New and Noteworthy section!
Related Posts B
- Voodo 2 – New Todo Magic for iPhone
- Get it done with the Voodo 2 app on your iPhone
- Free iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Promo Codes for Voodo 2 Productivity App!
- Domo Todo+ 4.2 lets users Quickly Add Tasks and Tags to their To Do List
- Innovation Pays Off – Today Todo Pro Featured by Apple
Posted by Rich DeBell
on 06 7, 2010
PREVIOUS: Opera Mini
4 Responses to “Voodo – Todo Magic”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.