Work Tracker is a simple and easy to use app. Its purpose is to help you track the hours that you work. In only a few seconds, you can track the number of hours that you work, the overtime hours you work, and the money that you earn.
The reason I gave Work Tacker two fingers is because it is a “take it or leave it” kind of app. It serves a very specific purpose and if that’s all you need then definitely download it. Otherwise for most users I would say it’s really lacking in features and in design. Work Tacker does let you very easily track your hours over a daily or weekly basis for one task. It’s also nice how you can set the time-frame from which you switch to overtime, i.e. after 40 hours and then the pay adjustment. All of this is done very easily and without any bugs or problems. I would think this app could be significantly more robust however without a great deal of additional development time.
My Wishlist of features includes:
- The abilty to track multiple projects. Many of us today, myself included, are multi-taskers both working both many jobs and multiple projects within each job, so it would be good to be able track an unlimiited amount of projects.
- I also would like to see some additional tracking abilities. For instance it would be nice to not only track a pay rate but to also be able to track cost, if for instance you know that an hour of work costs a spefic amount. Then you could also see a quick breakdown of profit.
- Including the abilty to view by more timeframes then week is also a good feature. It would be helpful to be able to track a projects time over both shorter and longer periods of time. i.e. Hours, Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year.
- The ability to export out the data and send via email would be a nice feature so that users can more easily share, store and use the metrics for their business.
- Lastly I do believe a little bit more effort put into the overall design would be nice. I’m not a big fan of sacrificing ease of use, functionality and navigation in the sake of appearance, however I do believe more could be done here without any risk of that.
Once again Work Tacker is a good app if you need to track one project. If that’s what you need then this does the job. If you need more then that this app doesn’t fit the mold…yet.
Related Posts B
- Achieve a Perfect Work-Life Balance with the CrunchTime iPhone app
- Free iPhone Promo Codes for Achieving Simplicity at Work and at Home App!
- iRewardChart: Parents Reward Tracker Behavior Chore Chart
- PoopTime 2.0 for iOS – Track Money Earned on Work Restroom Breaks
- HoursTracker HD – Timesheet 1.1.2- Top iPhone Time Tracker, Now on iPad
Posted by Rich DeBell
on 12 2, 2009
PREVIOUS: WorldCard Mobile
NEXT: Scanner Pro